Barnes Civility and Netiquette guidelines (addendum)
- Follow school rules and guidelines regarding proper Academic behavior and honesty (pages 137-138 in Bulletin).
- Do your own work.
- Be on time.
- Respect the opinions and privacy of others. Do not use personal information, emails (and the like) of other students outside of the context at hand.
- Do unto others as you would have them do to you. Respect your humanity and the humanity of others by not being too sensitive. Please forgive as you would also wish to be forgiven. Don’t be too bossy.
- Respect your own privacy. Do not tell too much personal stuff.
- Be attentive.
- Be concise and as condensed as possible in communication. Re-read before sending. Think about it.
- Use emoticons to convey emotion since this is not always easy in text form.
- Review writing responses before submitting them.
- USING CAPS IS CONSIDERED “YELLING.”
Partially adapted from ACUE resources and UTEP rules of netiquette:
Students: In the comments below, remind me of what I am missing and I will update this document for appropriate content as we go along.
My next step is to push myself even harder to get we’re I need to be by studying.
Hello my name is Brittany West. The next hurtle I have to cross is getting a 3.0 GPA to be accepted to Baptist University.
Hello. I’m trying to complete this PT degree so I can start a new career. Also I just build a home 3 years ago in Hernando so I’m stuck here for the rest of my life.
My dream job is becoming a pediatric nurse at any children’s hospital. I also want to be a make-up artist in my free time as a side job.
On Fri, Feb 26, 2021 at 7:48 PM darrellbarnes.blog wrote:
> OldManBarnes posted: ” Barnes Civility and Netiquette guidelines > (addendum) Follow school rules and guidelines regarding proper Academic > behavior and honesty (pages 137-138 in Bulletin).Do your own work.Be on > time.Respect the opinions and privacy of others. Do not use perso” >
Getting it all together for online interface with students…